Now that I have a memory card installed in my BlackBerry Curve, it's time to load some music. Amarok is my player of choice so I decided to focus my efforts on syncing using it.
Part 1 of this investigation focused on setting up a USB connection. Part 3 will describe how to transfer files using Bluetooth.
Amarok 1.4.5 was released today. The next version will be 2.0. It will be based on Qt4/KDE4.
Some of the notable improvements in 1.4.5 include:
- An integrated Shoutcast stream directory.
- Support for custom labels. Organize your music how you want.
- Magnatune redownload manager allows re-download of any previous purchase free of charge (in any format).
- Improved sound quality when using the equalizer with xine.
- Support for Speex (.spx), WavPack (.wv) and TrueAudio (.tta) files in the collection thanks to taglib plugins.
- Search inside of lyrics using "/" in the Context Browser.
- Download songs from Shared Music (DAAP) directly into the collection.
The full details are available here.